Blog Post 2

    Growing up, I've always used MS Word. Since this is what I know most, I prefer to use this over another word processing software. I have found that I use MS Word more often now that I go to FSU because there are more assignments and papers. Therefore, I feel pretty comfortable using it.

    The standard that is most meaningful to me is Learner. This is because you must learn for yourself in order to help others. For example, K-12 educators may need to learn about what interests their students have in order to make the material more fun and easier to learn. Another reason I like this standard is that the educators are sometimes involved in activities that can also make the students more interested.

    A digital native is someone who was born and grew up around technology and is familiar with it. I do agree with today's youth being labeled digital natives. I have noticed that my teachers (digital immigrants) are less dependent on technology than us students who are digital natives. I feel that this has impacted how I learn because they are not on their phone and I get the teachers' full attention. Without the distractions, learning is easier. Nowadays though, teachers are learning more because they don't really have a choice. I think our future students will be using technology a lot. They will probably all have ipads and do everything online. This is not all bad though because technology allows for a larger variety of ways to learn.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog post 9

Blog post 5

Blog Post 3