Blog post 4

     The grade level I chose is Kindergarten because that's just the grade I envision myself teaching if I ever were to become a teacher. In this standard, the children need to be able to explore new technological skills in order to produce and publish writing. They must be able to work with peers and can use the guidance and support of adults. The technology tools needed are SmartBoards, online storybook creators, and paint programs. I feel that I am prepared to implement this standard due to the fact that I am familiar with most of the technical skills needed for this grade.

    I would use the recourse called sweet sorting. You give the students different kinds of candies and have them sort the candies by color. Then you do it again, except with shapes, sizes, and counting/numbers. I would use this in my classroom because it is a fun way to keep the kids interactive and listening. This activity also doesn't focus on just one area which I like. By this, I mean they practice more than one skill at a time which I believe makes it more challenging.

    Teachers need to be proficient internet searchers because they need to be able to help students be proficient internet searchers. Teachers need to be able to show students how to find reliable sources and things like that. The skill that I did not know but will use in the future is the built-in "and" feature. I feel like I spend so much time trying to write everything out but as long as I have the keywords, it will find it anyways.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog post 9

Blog post 5

Blog Post 3